Friday, January 20, 2012

Marouane Chamakh will not leave Arsenal


Chamakh (28) insists he will not leave Arsenal this January. The Morocco international, who is currently on African Nations Cup duty, has been heavily connected with a move away from North London - with Fiorentina, PSG and former club Bordeaux.
However, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger just stated his wish to keep Chamakh and the player himself is determined to prove himself at Arsenal.
"I am relaxed about my future. I've spoken with the coach and I'm staying with Arsenal after the African Cup of Nations," Chamakh told the Daily Mirror. "I think Wenger has confidence in me. It was that reason that I left Bordeaux to join Arsenal.
"I had some good performances in my first season and it's possible that I can repeat those. My agents have had calls from other clubs, but I want to show what I can do in the next few months.
"I'm tired of the rumours, because I only want to be focused on my work for Morocco. Personally, I have a lot more in my game and I want to demonstrate my level.
"Of course I want to play more, but it's very difficult for a forward at Arsenal. The level is very high, but that's the challenge that I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...