Sunday, July 5, 2015

Gerrard arrival at LA Galaxy

Steven Gerrard was introduced to the Los Angeles Galaxy crowd on Saturday at half-time in match against Toronto. . He received a warm welcome from the LA Galaxy fans after he was introduced to the crowd and watched his new side beat Toronto FC 4-0.

He is eligible to play his debut match in LA Galaxy on July 18 against San Jose Earthquakes.
He said,"I can't wait to get my boots on and play in front of you guys. I've been in Liverpool all my life. But this is a good place for me to come and enjoy my football, and hopefully add a trophy to my collection."



LA Galaxy president Chris Klein says Gerrard's arrival is a huge boost for both the club and the league and expects him to lead from the front when given the chance.

He further added and told Sky Sports News that , “To get a player like Steven Gerrard to come and play in MLS and for the Galaxy is a really big deal, but early on we knew that if he was going to leave Liverpool, we'd be an ideal destination for him.”

“Our league continues to grow and the American player continues to get better while we continue to bring in players that are more at the prime of their career.”

"When you can add players of the quality of Steven Gerrard to your line-up, it's only going to help the players around him and the players coming through our system.”

"We expect him to come here to win. The expectation is that he comes in and meshes with our team, we expect him to lead and do the things he's done for Liverpool for his entire career and if he does that, we'll be in a good spot."

Monday, June 29, 2015

Ronaldo breaks his months long silence

Cristiano Ronaldo the player of the year was believed to be unhappy in Real Madrid. His silence since Champions League defeat of Real has add fuel to the fire and speculation registered that he will leave the club soon.

Despite Ronaldo’s goal-scoring efforts, Real failed to secure any major trophies and coach Carlo Ancelotti was sacked and Rafa Benitez brought in.

Cristiano Ronaldo

After the sacking of Coach Carlo Ancelotti who had Ronaldo’s support, rumours were brought in that Ronaldo no longer had a good relationship with club president Florentino Perez.

Ronaldo who had rarely spoken to reporters since the Champions League defeat by Schalke 04 in March, broke months of silence to disprove the rumors.

He told reporters, “I would sincerely like the false reports to stop and to be left a little in peace. Reports that I have sought to create conflicts between myself and Real Madrid are absolutely false. I am very happy at the best club in the world and very focused and confident of a new season full of successes.”

When he was asked regarding the move of Sergios Ramos to Manchester United he said he want him to remain at the club.

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Liverpool sign Roberto Firmino in £29m

Liverpool signed forward Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim on a five-year deal for a fee of about £29m


Roberto Firmino
Roberto Firmino is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays for German club Hoffenheim as a winger.

The 23-year-old's has scored 47 goals in 151 games for Hoffenheim. Liverpool declared Firmino signing after he conceded to what Liverpool portrays as "a long haul contract". He has become Liverpool’s second most expensive player after their record signing of Andy Carroll for £35m from Newcastle in 2011. He is subjected to a medical, which will occur after he comes back from Chile, where he has been playing for Brazil in the Copa America.

News posted by Sky Sports claims that Liverpool will pay £21.3m now, but the fee could eventually rise to £29m.

The Reds have so far denied two offers from Manchester City for England forward Raheem Sterling as they want £50m for England International.

Firmino is going to be Liverpool’s fifth signing of this summer as Brendan Rodgers is rebuilding his squad following a disappointing in Premier League season. He will join Danny Ings, Adam Bogdan, James Milner and Joe Gomez in moving to the Merseyside since the end of last season.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Will Manchester City going to make a third bid for sterling?

Manchester City is leaving no stone unturned to strengthen its squad for upcoming Premier League. First they chased Raheem sterling for a while, then Paul Pogba, then Jack Wilshere and now Raheem Sterling again.

Raheem Sterling is a Jamaican-born footballer who plays as a winger for Liverpool and the England national team. The 20-year-old is under contract with Liverpool until 2017 but had turned down £100,000-a-week contract extension offered by Brendan Rodgers to him in April 2015.

Since then Manchester City was chasing sterling and had tabled a bid of £25m with another £5m add-ons for the Liverpool forward in April 2015. Liverpool has rejected the offer and was understood to be holding out £50m for the England star.

Raheem Sterling
City has made improved offer of £40million in last the week for the England star but it was too rejected by the Reds as soon as it made. However, in the knowledge that sterling wants to quit the club and is keen on a move to the Etihad Stadium, the Reds would reluctantly agree to do business if their £50million valuation is met.

So the ball is in City’s court now that weather they will make £50million bid in order to strengthen their squad or not?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...