Friday, May 11, 2012

Carles Puyol : No plans to retire from international football.


Carles Puyol is certain to miss this European Championships due to a knee problem, but has no plans to retire from international football.
Barcelona Fc announced on Tuesday that Puyol, 34, will be sidelined for around six weeks as he is set for surgery after injuring his knee.
Puyol said: "My plan right now is only to undergo the operation and recover as soon as possible. I'm sure that things are going to turn out well and very soon I will be back playing again.
"I don't know if it was my last European Championship but I do know that I want to retire on the pitch and not on the operating table.
"I'm only thinking about recovering and returning to 100%. If then I can return to play with the national team I would love to reach that number (100 caps).''

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...