Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Didier Drogba Set to Leave Chelsea

Chelsea striker Drogba confirmed he will depart Stamford Bridge this summer after eight years at the club following his 2004 transfer from Marseille. During his campaign with the Blues Drogba won three Premier League titles, four FA Cup crowns and scored 157 goals in all competitions, including one in last Saturday's Champions League final.
"I think winning the game was the key," Drogba told Radio Five Live. "Not me scoring the penalty. Winning the game was the turning point, that's why I have decided to say goodbye.
"We made the story together and I want people to remember that. This is the best time to move on. Yes, there's a chance that if the result was different, maybe I would be here.
"We were talking for many weeks, but the turning point was based on the fact I won everything I could and scored in most of the finals we have played, trying to make a difference. I hope everyone will understand. Everything I did was for the fans and I hope they understand


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...