Sunday, February 23, 2014

Wayne Rooney booked himself for Old Trafford until 2019


Manchester United star player Wayne Rooney has signed a four-year contract extension that will keep him at Manchester United until June 2019. The deal which confirms to 300,000 pounds-a-week not only congratulated him with best-paid player in the club’s history but also acknowledged him to become a club ambassador when he retires from the game.


David Moyes told the club official website: “Wayne has been the best player in England since I put him into the Everton first team in 2003. Since becoming United manager in July last year, I have enjoyed working with him and seeing just how he has developed his incredible talent. With his ability, his experience and his desire to succeed, he is a vital part of my plans for the future and I'm absolutely thrilled he has accepted the challenge.”

Wayne Rooney further added: "I am made up to be staying at United. In August I will have been at the club for 10 years and during that time I have played with some fantastic players and won everything that I hoped I would when I first signed. I now have the chance as one of the club's senior players to help the younger players coming through and to be a part of another great United team."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...