Monday, April 21, 2014

Stephan El Shaarawy: Back in action and hoping to be in Italy’s World Cup squad

Italy Coach Cesare Prandelli called up Shaarawy for fitness tests this weekend. Shaarawy  made his appearance after a gap of four months due to his foot injury.
Feeling happy and excited over his comeback he told Milan Channel, “I felt good today." "The legs felt good. I'm doing all I can to get back as soon as possible. I've been working morning and afternoon at Milanello for this. I want to help my teammates qualify for the Europa League and maybe even move into contention for a place in the Italy squad."

Shaarawy
 "I believe I can make it to the World Cup -- I want to wear an Italy shirt. I'd like to thank Prandelli for having considered me for the (fitness) tests. I'm delighted with my return to the national team and now I want to try to be called up (for the World Cup)."
He thanked his family and friends for the support during the injury. "My first training session with the team was such an emotion," he said. "So many people have helped me through these past few months, together with my family and my two best friends. They have not been easy months, but I'm happy to be back playing now."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...