Thursday, November 27, 2014

Fabregas annoyed with Ramos

The Chelsea midfielder missed the European champions’ matches against Belarus and Germany because of a hamstring strain. Ramos was quoted as saying certain players should show greater commitment to the to the national team as there is to clubs.

The Chelsea midfielder Fabregas insists he was injured for Spain’s recent matches against Belarus and Germany and instructed Ramos to call him next time if he has an issue.

The Real Madrid defender Ramos later claimed his accusation was not aimed at Fabregas, but Fabregas took offence to the comments nonetheless and instructed Ramos to call him next time he had an issue rather than run to the media.

Fabregas
“Yes, I felt offended, and told Sergio how I felt,” Fabregas  told Cadena Cope. “We eventually spoke on the phone and all is fine.”

“It really irked me that my level of commitment was doubted. I’ve played many times and been involved in call-ups without playing. I’ve played 94 games for Spain over the past nine years.”

“I had tendinitis in my left hamstring. If I played I could have ended up with an injury not to dissimilar to that of Modric.”

“I told Ramos at the time that if he has something to say to me then he should pick up the phone and call and not send messages via the media. We’ve been playing together since we were in the Under-21 team together.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...