Monday, March 23, 2015

Steven Gerrard apologizes for his reckless challenge

In the match against Manchester United on Sunday Brendan Rodger’s side tasted 2-1 defeat at home. The match that was more of a fight than merely a game ended in a hard stroke.

Manchester United who has got an early lead after Juan Mata’s goal made the host tumble in the very beginning. Steven Gerrard the big man was watching the filthy performance of his team from the stands.

Gerrard was introduced for Adam Lallana at the start of the second half. He was sent off just 38 seconds after he had come on as substitute for a reckless challenge on Ander Herrera.  The apology came just minutes after a defeat that extended United’s lead over their rivals in the pursuit of a Champions League place to five points.

Steven Gerrard
Gerrard in his apology said, “I’ve got to accept it, the decision was right. I’ve let my team-mates, manager and more importantly the supporters down and I take full responsibility for that.”

“I think I’ve tried to avoid his tackle and I’ve reacted when I’ve seen his studs showing. But I’ve been in the game long enough to know, when you do that with 45 minutes to play and a great opportunity to get back into the game, I wanted to apologise to the supporters and I take full responsibility for the result.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...